Monday, February 20, 2012

DAY 6- Yeah, I skipped a few days

I have been so grumpy. My husband has been Amazing! He brings me drinks, cooks cleans and watches Cayden. Today he left me home for the first day with Cayden. We need new truck tires so I sent him on that errand. I just put on Toy Story 3 and little man is a happy boy. That and pancakes of course.
I am sitting here with all the blinds shut and sheets over them. Just that little bit of light coming through hurts. I don't want to have to wear my sunglasses around the house. I also had to dim the screen on my computer. But overall, today has been the best day for vision. I can read things way better and not have to squint.
So remember how I said they put lenses on my eyes for a few days while the cells re heal on the surface? Well, Dr. Reed removed them two days ago. The left eye wasn't completely ready, but he took it off anyway. It hurt! I felt like a had 20 eyelashes in my eye. The right eye felt really good! I could see better without that mucked up lens in my eye. I still use two of my drops four times a day, Doctors orders.
I haven't been on here in days because of the blur. It was bad. Plus just reading gave me a terrible headache because my eyes were so tired. So I figured just rest. It has been so boring! I must say reading and watching movies are totally different. I read some stuff online last night for lie 20 minutes and I felt like I was gonna puke. But watching movies on my laptop for hours didn't hurt at all. I think it is because of concentrating and squinting to read the words hurts.
So I have to admit I have watched the 3rd season of One Tree Hill this week. It is so addicting. I only saw like maybe four episodes back in my senior year of high school. I was always to busy to watch it. So it is on Instant Netflix and I love it! Of course it is so unrealistic. My husband describes it as everything you can imagine happening to you in high school actually happens to them and then some!
So I was supposed to be at work the past two days and haven't been. Dr. Reed gave me a note for work to not go. Of course because of HIPPA, I think that's what its called, they wouldn't even read my note at work. But I was just like, Ill be there Tuesday. So tomorrow I go back. But because I happen to choose my PTO for this month. I have only tomorrow and then I don't go back till March 4Th! So weird how it worked out. But it will give my eyes plenty of time to heal! Woo Hoo!
So I think I have been healing long enough to decide to recommend PRK. Now remember I had
-11.25 prescription. It was terrible. I have cried a lot and been very depressed all week. But after waking up today and seeing as good as I do, I would highly recommend it! I was told by Dr. Reed before surgery that because it is so strong I might need glasses, they would be super thin though. I can say good-bye to bottle caps! I can live with that! My eyes will fluctuate in the next couple weeks. Like right now after typing so long they are getting sore. But it will all be worth it. I read other blogs about PRK before I actually did it, some people seemed to be in a lot of pain. Every one I think deals with it differently. I hate to say it, but most pf the people seemed to be men. My husband agreed that men deal with that kind of pain worse. I just kept comparing it to my cut from child labor that went to my A-hole and this was nothing compared to that! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment