Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Surgery day (DAY ONE)



So I had my surgery today at 2pm. Forgive me if my typing is off and I don't find errors. I am a little blurry. I went in at 1:30 and they had me take my realxer pill once I got all checked in. I got my bill of $3600 squared away. Chase had my back for 0% for 2 years! That is amazing! I was pretty excited. I waited in the room where they had an espresso machine and Valentines day cookies. But I was to nervous to enjoy such things. My husband went to go get lunch while I waited and waited. I don't even know if they were on time with my surgery because I was to nervous to move. So I never checked the time. But they called me in and a nice lady went over my meds. She put in some of my drops to numb my eyes. And one other, I think it was the steroid drops. Then I got my hair net and blue boots on and was ready to go. They took me in, My face was cleaned. I laid down. Their voics were pretty soothing. They were cracking jokes about me being the strongest rescription of the day and how I was the big winner. ;) Dr Reed said, "Is that your husband out there?" I said "yeah, somewhere over there. In the blurr" There was a blg glass panel ceiling to floor. The Dr waived at him. So I was so nervous!
We got started. He showed me the light I was to look at. Which is the part I was scared of "the red dot". I was worried if I dont look at it good enough I could go blind or something bad will happen. Well it went perect! None of it hurt at all. You just feel pressure. Like if somebody had their hand on your arm. But its your eye of course. First he placed the little clampy thing around my eye to keep it open. I though that would hurt too but it didnt at all. Oh and he also taped my eyelashes back. So he used thes little spinny brush to clean the surface and got rid of that top layer. He then scraped it a little to get any excess. Then the laser started. The Dr talked about what he was doing the whole time he did it. So I always knew what was coming. It calmed me. He would say "only 8seconds left, you are doing great!" Then soon enough I was done. It was exactly the same for both eyes. Now remember I started at an -11.25. The Dr. told me to turn and wave to my hubby about 20ft away through the glass. And I could see him!! I cried! I didn't think I would cry but I was so shaky and I think just in shock. They took me to a room next door and I felt weak and lightheaded and they said I turned pale. I got some water and started to feel better. I was just overwhelmed. There wasnt really anything wrong with me. So we got all our tips from the nurse on how to do meds and for cleaning the eye area. I cant take a shower till tomorrow. My poor hubby. :) I got my bad ass sunglasses. They make me look like a thug. But they totally block out the sun. I also got some goggles to wear to bed so I don't touch my eyes in my sleep. They had placed a lense on each eye that needs to stay in for 4days. So I have tear drops that I have to put in starting tomorrow morning.
So the ride home...about a few minutes into the car ride I could feel that my eyes were gonna start hurting. I was lightly feeling like they got sunburned or had something in them. So I told my husband to get me the Vicodin. You gotta stay ahead of the pain! So I recommend taking that pill as you are leaving the office. I was not ahead of the pain. The next 45 minutes I was miserable. My husband had to stop at Chick fil A for some grilled chicken for me. I was nauseous from having no food with all the meds. As soon as I got home I took the drops that are like Motrin in a bottle. They are the thicker drops they give you. I wanted to just sleep. So I slept for 3 hours. When I woke up a little bit ago I took all my drops and another Vicodin. I didn't even wake up in pain but I didn't want the pain to start. So all is good. I have an appt. in the morning. So I am gonna sleep as much as possible till then. They say that sleep is what heals the eyes quicker. I have work on Sunday. So I need them to heal as quick as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment